Our Chamber was the first to join the race to zero campaign from Slovakia because we firmly believe that “climate action is everyone’s business”.
Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021, the main objective is to build momentum around the shift to a decarbonized economy, where governments must strengthen their contributions to the Paris Agreement. Slovakia signed up for net zero carbon emission by 2050 but significant actions need to be taken to be able to meet this goal. And that’s where the Race to Zero comes in!
“Race To Zero” is a global campaign to rally leadership and support from businesses, cities, regions, investors for a healthy, resilient, zero carbon recovery that prevents future threats, creates decent jobs, and unlocks inclusive, sustainable growth.
As chamber leaders, we therefore commit:
- To advocate for climate action within our business networks and for well-conceived policies to limit the global average temperature rise to 1.5°C.
- To support the goal of achieving net-zero emissions globally by 2050.
- To mainstream climate mitigation and resilience guidance into chamber services.
- To work with public and private entities to support effective climate solutions as part of a transformational change that works for people and planet.
- To reduce the greenhouse footprint from chamber activities without delay.
Our Chamber was the first (but I hope definitely not be the last!) to join this campaign. Let’s go Slovakia! 🌍❤