At the British Chamber of Commerce in Slovakia, we are deeply saddened by the passing of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh earlier today. Our thoughts and condolences are with Her Majesty The Queen and the Royal Family. His Royal Highness, as the longest-serving consort of a reigning British monarch, devoted his…
Join the Ambitious Corporate Climate Action
We can’t go back to business as usual.
Slovakia signed up for net zero carbon emission by 2050 and our Chamber wants to be at the forefront of encouraging a move towards clean growth and to present an opportunity for our members to build back better in a sustainable, green and clean way, and to share knowledge and best practice on how to achieve net zero objectives.
The Race to Zero in Slovakia: Business virtual conference took place on 18th March 2021.
the race to zero
Our Chamber was the first to join the race to zero campaign from Slovakia because we firmly believe that “climate action is everyone’s business”.
Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021, the main objective is to build momentum around the shift to a decarbonized economy, where governments must strengthen their contributions to the Paris Agreement. Slovakia signed up for net zero carbon emission by 2050 but significant actions need to be taken to be able to meet this goal. And that’s where the Race to Zero comes in!
“Race To Zero” is a global campaign to rally leadership and support from businesses, cities, regions, investors for a healthy, resilient, zero carbon recovery that prevents future threats, creates decent jobs, and unlocks inclusive, sustainable growth.
As chamber leaders, we therefore commit:
- To advocate for climate action within our business networks and for well-conceived policies to limit the global average temperature rise to 1.5°C.
- To support the goal of achieving net-zero emissions globally by 2050.
- To mainstream climate mitigation and resilience guidance into chamber services.
- To work with public and private entities to support effective climate solutions as part of a transformational change that works for people and planet.
- To reduce the greenhouse footprint from chamber activities without delay.
Our Chamber was the first (but I hope definitely not be the last!) to join this campaign. Let’s go Slovakia! 🌍❤
find out more
Latest news on race to zero...
- STATEMENT: HIS ROYAL HIGHNESS PRINCE PHILIP THE DUKE OF EDINBURGH
- President opens the “Race to Zero in Slovakia: Business” conference
On Thursday 18th of March 2021, Slovak President Zuzana Čaputová opened the “Race to Zero in Slovakia: Business” virtual conference together with the British ambassador to Slovakia, Nigel Baker and with UK High Level Champion for Climate Action, Nigel Topping. In her speech, the president underlined the importance of collective effort in achieving net zero. “For…
- UK and Slovakia fire the starting gun in Race to Zero carbon emissions
Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021, the British Embassy and the British Chamber of Commerce will launch the Race to Zero in Slovakia campaign on 18 March at a virtual event to inspire businesses to commit to net zero emissions by 2050. We are honoured that “The Race…
- JAGUAR LAND ROVER REIMAGINES THE FUTURE OF MODERN LUXURY BY DESIGN
New global strategy – Reimagine – announced for the British company under the leadership of Chief Executive Officer, Thierry Bolloré A sustainability-rich reimagination of modern luxury, unique customer experiences, and positive societal impact Start of journey to become a net zero carbon business by 2039 Reimagination of Jaguar as an all-electric luxury brand from 2025…
- Britcham joined the Race to Zero
Our Chamber was the first to join the race to zero campaign from Slovakia because we firmly believe that “climate action is everyone’s business”. Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021, the main objective is to build momentum around the shift to a decarbonized economy, where governments must strengthen their…
- Terra Carta: Prince Charles asks companies to join ‘Earth charter’
Prince Charles wants companies to join what he is calling “Terra Carta” – or Earth charter. The Prince of Wales is urging firms to back a more sustainable future and do more to protect the planet, as he marks 50 years of environmental campaigning. Terra Carta will harness the “irreplaceable power of nature”, the prince…