New global strategy – Reimagine – announced for the British company under the leadership of Chief Executive Officer, Thierry Bolloré A sustainability-rich reimagination of modern luxury, unique customer experiences, and positive societal impactStart of journey to become a net zero carbon business by 2039Reimagination of Jaguar as an all-electric luxury brand from 2025 to ‘realise…
Join the Ambitious Corporate Climate Action
We can’t go back to business as usual.
Slovakia signed up for net zero carbon emission by 2050 and our Chamber wants to be at the forefront of encouraging a move towards clean growth and to present an opportunity for our members to build back better in a sustainable, green and clean way, and to share knowledge and best practice on how to achieve net zero objectives.
the race to zero
Our Chamber was the first to join the race to zero campaign from Slovakia because we firmly believe that “climate action is everyone’s business”.
Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021, the main objective is to build momentum around the shift to a decarbonized economy, where governments must strengthen their contributions to the Paris Agreement. Slovakia signed up for net zero carbon emission by 2050 but significant actions need to be taken to be able to meet this goal. And that’s where the Race to Zero comes in!
“Race To Zero” is a global campaign to rally leadership and support from businesses, cities, regions, investors for a healthy, resilient, zero carbon recovery that prevents future threats, creates decent jobs, and unlocks inclusive, sustainable growth.
As chamber leaders, we therefore commit:
- To advocate for climate action within our business networks and for well-conceived policies to limit the global average temperature rise to 1.5°C.
- To support the goal of achieving net-zero emissions globally by 2050.
- To mainstream climate mitigation and resilience guidance into chamber services.
- To work with public and private entities to support effective climate solutions as part of a transformational change that works for people and planet.
- To reduce the greenhouse footprint from chamber activities without delay.
Our Chamber was the first (but I hope definitely not be the last!) to join this campaign. Let’s go Slovakia! 🌍❤
find out more
Latest news on race to zero...
- JAGUAR LAND ROVER REIMAGINES THE FUTURE OF MODERN LUXURY BY DESIGN
- Britcham joined the Race to Zero
Our Chamber was the first to join the race to zero campaign from Slovakia because we firmly believe that “climate action is everyone’s business”. Ahead of the UN Climate Change Conference COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021, the main objective is to build momentum around the shift to a decarbonized economy, where governments must strengthen their…
- Terra Carta: Prince Charles asks companies to join ‘Earth charter’
Prince Charles wants companies to join what he is calling “Terra Carta” – or Earth charter. The Prince of Wales is urging firms to back a more sustainable future and do more to protect the planet, as he marks 50 years of environmental campaigning. Terra Carta will harness the “irreplaceable power of nature”, the prince…
- British Ambassador’s new plug-in hybrid Range Rover
You can soon see the British Ambassador’s new plug-in hybrid Range Rover on the roads in Slovakia. As the car is a hybrid it can operate in fully electric mode on shorter trips with zero emissions leaving the exhaust pipe A beautiful example of #Great British built engineering that is also good for our. This…
- UK sets ambitious new climate target ahead of UN Summit
A new plan aims for at least 68% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by the end of the decade, compared to 1990 levels. The Prime Minister has today (Friday 4 December) announced a new ambitious target to reduce the UK’s emissions by at least 68% by 2030, compared to 1990 levels. Read the full article…