1.1 About us
We, the British Chamber of Commerce in the Slovak Republic (“we”, “us” or “BCCSR”) provide a network to build opportunities for British, international and local organisations in the Slovak Republic with ties to British business, we encourage trade and investment in the Slovak Republic and the Central and Eastern European region and we provide our members with practical support and advice, delivered via a range of scheduled events and online communities to share knowledge and expertise.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
1.4 How to contact us
Questions, comments and requests regarding this policy are welcomed and should be addressed to contacting us.
For information about how to obtain a copy of your personal information or how to update your personal information, please, see section 2.10 below (access to your information and ensuring it is up-to-date). Our data protection officer is Ms. Alena Pálinská, Chamber Coordinator.
2. Your Information
2.1 Business contact information
2.2 What information do we collect about you?
2.2.1 We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide during the registration process for BCCSR or BCCSR events and copies of any documents you provide to us;
- Any feedback you provide through BCCSR;
- If you are a speaker or an attendee at any of our events, we may collect information about your participation at our events (e.g. number of events spoken at/attended, type of events you speak at/attend);
- Any correspondence between you and us;
- Any other information you provide to us from time to time (e.g. CV); and
- Details of your visits to our website (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access).
This helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and enables us to improve our website. If you would like to change the way website identifies you, you should change the cookie settings in your browser settings.
2.3 How do we use your information?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- To provide our services, including invite you to and organise events, providing news and updates and reports about events, send you our magazine or any printed publications, provide general news and information about business opportunities that we think will interest you;
- To facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities for and between you and other members, participants or users of BCCSR;
- To provide you with information about business opportunities that may be of interest to you and to introduce you to other organisations;
- To deal with your requests and enquiries, and to provide you with information about our services, activities or content;
- To process the registration and maintenance of your account;
- To personalise the way in which our website and services are presented to you, including to ensure that content of our website and services are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To analyse your use of our services;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To investigate any breach of our Terms and Conditions by or relating to you;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our website; and
- To notify you about changes at BCCSR.
2.4 When will we contact you? and what if you want to unsubscribe?
New members or contacts of BCCSR will be contacted if we have your consent to do so. We will normally obtain your consent when you become a member or a contact of BCCSR.
For existing and new members or contacts of BCCSR, when we contact you, we will provide you with an unsubscribe facility, in case you decide that you do not want to be contacted again. You should follow the instructions which are included when we contact you, if you wish to unsubscribe from future messages.
2.5 Will we share your information with third parties?
We share your information with other users, members, participants and selected third parties of BCCSR to facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities (for example, if you have expressed an interest in business opportunities, we may share your details with a connected organisation).
Any information you upload to your profile and/or post on our website may be visible to our personnel and other users of our website.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
Where partners help us in the administration or operation of our organisation (e.g. our hosting/back-up service providers, our IT service providers and our marketing service providers); and
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or in complying with our obligations under our terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of other users or third parties.
- In connection with the events we organise, we may also share your information with event venues and caterers, including your identity details (e.g. passport/NRIC/FIN details) for security requirements and dietary requirements.
2.6 Third party services
2.7 Transferring information outside of the slovak republic
Where our partners who help us in the administration or operation of our organisation are based in other locations, your information may be transferred outside of the Slovak Republic. We will work with any such third parties to make sure they have technical and organizational security arrangements in place. We may also transfer your information outside of the Slovak Republic in relation to business opportunities, but we would only do this with your consent.
2.8 How do we protect your information?
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain appropriate technical and organizational security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure
2.9 For how long is your information retained?
2.10 Access to your information and ensuring it is up-to-date
We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You can update your details at any time by contacting us. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us.